Wednesday, July 23, 2008

To Maggie (Part One)

Exactly one year ago today, I was still pregnant with you, and hoping to go into labor any minute. Well, I didn't. It would be one more week plus one day and two nights (and some pitocin and an epidural...) before I would get to meet you. I loved being pregnant with you. I was so excited when my belly started growing, and when I could feel your little movements inside me. Each stage was so exciting to me. But, at this time last year I was ready to have you out and get your tiny toes out of my ribs...
And now you are walking all over the place, clapping, growling, and you don't like to be fed, so I set a plate out on the floor for you (your highchair is in Moscow) and you love it. You are becoming very independent, and know how you feel about things. One of my favorite things that you do is when you walk straight into my arms and give me a hug. I also love how you will lay your head down on my shoulder and stick your thumb in your mouth when you first get up. You are a very sweet girl...

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a sweet post Chrissy! It is so fun to remember all of the special moments of parenthood, especially because kids grow so quickly. Now I know what women mean when they say that one morning they woke up and their kids were in college.