Tuesday, September 2, 2008

she is a climber...

Maggie has discovered the joys of climbing. This morning I got her up and first thing she wanted to do was to get down. Once down she walked straight over to her little rocker and climbed up. Once up she stood there and rocked back and forth. This new talent for scaling furniture has me a little nervous, but I try to stay back a little and let her explore. After all, she comes by it naturally. I was an avid climber in my time, and I survived, so she should be fine. I will just stay close enough to catch her.
She also like to go up stairs, either on all fours or with help from me or Sam. If we are helping her she doesn't do the typical slow baby climb, she steps on a stair with one foot and lifts up her other foot for the next step...
Something else new is Maggie's love of bananas. I break a banana into thirds and she just goes at it. When she gets hungry she will point to her high chair, and sometimes point to the fruit bowl for a banana. When she is finished she tries to push the tray away.
We are having a good time together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wheeeeee!!!! the joys of a climber!!
keep your eyes on that little peeper,
or the next thing you know she'll be
halfway up your pantry shelf reaching for the brown sugar jar :)
i love you creasons! nanette

elizabethm said...

I love maggie!! I can't wait for her to climb on furniture with my help. I wish I was there with y'all. -bets