Thursday, November 5, 2009

nesting

I am like a squirrel this fall. I have been cooking and baking to fill up our deep freeze with ready to heat meals for after this little one arrives. I only have 2 months to go.
Today I made a huge batch of cinnamon rolls.(http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/)
These are the best I have ever made. And I have tried quite a few other recipes.
Some other things in the freezer are: macaroni and cheese,
chicken and rice casserole with peas, carrots and cheddar
taco meat
spaghetti sauce (with meat)
And a lot of other foil wrapped packages. It is a good feeling to store up food for the winter.
I just hope I don't give in to the temptation of using them before I really need them...

1 comment:

Kathryn Church said...

I'm going to try that recipe - I have yet to find a cinnamon roll recipe that is superb, so I'm excited!