Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Maggie Marie!

So, to continue the story, you were a very good baby, and I only had to push for about 30 minutes, and then you were out! But I didn't get to see you right away because you had the cord wrapped around your neck pretty good. They took you straight over to your bassinet and got you going. Since you gave everyone a scare, noone was telling me if you were a girl or boy, so I kept asking (I didn't know about the cord), and the nurse finally told me you were a girl. You were beautiful right from the start-a little squished, and you looked like a little eskimo baby all wrapped up- but you also had red hair! That was something I never expected, but I loved it. Some of the first things I noticed were how soft your skin was, and noticing that you were sucking on your fingers.
The rest is pretty much a blur-after we got settled all of your grandparents and some of your aunts and uncles came in to see you. They thought you were pretty cute, too. That first day we rested in the hospital and showed you off to all our visitors. People commented on your hair and your long fingers. They were also impressed with how alert you were.
Well, I could go on and on about how proud and tired and excited we were, but I think you get the idea...
And now-I can't believe it has been a year, and you are walking, and chatty, and you like to sing little songs (no real words, but you definitely sing) and clap and give high fives and you like to feed yourself. We love you Maggie Marie! Happy Birthday...

No comments: